How To Apply
You may easily and quickly apply for any of our posted job openings by using our Online Employment Application. After completing the application, please attach your cover letter and resume before sending to our office. Optionally, you may download a printable Employment Application in pdf format (.pdf) or in Word format (.doc) then email it along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, mail them to: Graystone Eye, P.O. Box 2588, Hickory, NC 28603, ATTN: Human Resources or fax them to (828) 322-5858. No telephone calls please. When applying, please specify the position(s) and location(s) for which you wish to be considered.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION.
We have committed ourselves to the recruitment, employment, training and promotion of employees solely on the basis of the individuals’ qualifications and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status in compliance with Federal or State Equal Opportunity Employment laws.
The following employment opportunities are now available:
Business Office Representative – Hickory
If you are looking for a career in healthcare, have great interpersonal skills, are detail oriented, and enjoy helping others, a career as a Business Office Representative may be for you!
The primary responsibilities for this position are to follow up on all insurance claims, posting of payments, taking adjustments, working denials and reports, handling billing and insurance calls as required, processing refunds and collection accounts, referring patients for assistance and setting up payment plans and other duties as assigned or needed, and collaborating with other departments on posting errors.
Education/Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individuals must have knowledge of medical insurance, excellent communication and organizational skills, proficient on most software applications and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Associate’s Degree in related field preferred; one year certificate from college or technical school; or three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full time position with benefits, and a high school diploma/GED is required.
Ophthalmic Assistant – Hickory office
If you are looking for a career in healthcare, have great interpersonal skills, are detail oriented, and like to work as part of a team, a career as an Ophthalmic Assistant may be for you! Graystone Eye is willing to train the right candidate to perform patient work-up prior to the physician exam. Previous healthcare experience preferred. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Graystone Aesthetic Center focuses on creating a relaxing and professional experience for all of our patients. We are looking for a licensed aesthetician who would help grow our aesthetic business along with our cosmetic surgery business. To excel in this position, you should be self-motivated and highly customer service-oriented. You’ll be responsible for selling products as well as providing services, and referring patients to the Doctors for surgical procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet customers upon arrival and guide them through our list of products and services
- Perform microdermabrasion, chemical peels, dermaplaning, and laser procedures. Being certified to perform permanent makeup and microblading is a plus.
- Recommend products to enhance the patient’s results and protect their investment.
- Perform cosmetic makeovers and consultations.
- Participate in continuing education programs and staff meetings.
- Train new aestheticians and patient representatives as they join our staff.
- Cross trained to work in all areas of the aesthetic department.
Qualifications and Skills
- State esthetician license required.
- Laser Certification required; preferably for Lumenis and Cynosure lasers.
- Proficiency with skin care product knowledge and application technique.
- Ability to make products recommendations to patients while rendering services.
- Be detail oriented.
- Have a creative, outgoing, and positive attitude.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Be proficient on most software applications in a windows environment (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. Ability to compute percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and communications.
- Have the ability to problem solve in difficult situations.
- Driven to meet monthly goals.
Job Type: Full-time hourly plus incentives. Work hours are flexible and may, at times, be more than 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week and may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Aesthetician: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- NC Esthetician license
- Laser Certifications; preferably with Lumenis and Cynosure Lasers