How To Apply
You may easily and quickly apply for any of our posted job openings by using our Online Employment Application. After completing the application, please attach your cover letter and resume before sending to our office. Optionally, you may download a printable Employment Application in pdf format (.pdf) or in Word format (.doc) then email it along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, mail them to: Graystone Eye, P.O. Box 2588, Hickory, NC 28603, ATTN: Human Resources or fax them to (828) 322-5858. No telephone calls please. When applying, please specify the position(s) and location(s) for which you wish to be considered.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION.
We have committed ourselves to the recruitment, employment, training and promotion of employees solely on the basis of the individuals’ qualifications and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital or veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status in compliance with Federal or State Equal Opportunity Employment laws.
The following employment opportunities are now available:
Registered Nurse – Graystone Eye Surgery Center – Hickory
Graystone Eye is seeking a Full Time RN to work in a busy Ambulatory Surgery Center in the Hickory location. This person will collaborate with medical staff and other members of the surgery center staff to provide the highest quality patient care. The primary role for this position is to supervise and direct patient care in a single operating room. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Adherence to company philosophy
- Performs in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures
- Adherence to safety policies and procedures
- Recognizes patients’ rights and responsibilities and supports them in performance of job duties
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers
- Participates in continuing education and other learning experiences
- Participates as a team member in support of the total perioperative process
- Organizes time, equipment, supplies, and personnel to provide effective and efficient case management
- Organizes nursing activities efficiently and effectively
- Assists with supply, drug, and equipment inventories to maintain stock level and availability
- Addresses patient needs during admission to the operating room, with attention to requirements specific to the outpatient setting
- Transports patients to the operating room observing policies/procedures, safety requirements, and patient needs
- Identifies the patient and correct surgical intervention according to policy/procedure and communicates such information to all members of the surgical team
- Reviews patients’ medical records/needs to plan care with other healthcare team members
- Provides comfort and reassurance to patient
- Maintains patients’ privacy and dignity
- Explains intraoperative phase of routine procedures and care to the patient
- Performs the circulating nurse’s role and functions following approved operating room procedures to meet the requirements of scheduled procedures
- Prepares operating room according to requirements of patient/procedure to be performed
- Assembles and provides properly functioning equipment, supplies, and instruments before start of procedure and positions and adjusts equipment as required during the procedure
- Anticipates needs of surgical team and assists anesthesia personnel by supporting patient during administration of anesthesia
- Assists with the proper and safe positioning of the patient and prepares operative site as directed by established procedures
- Monitors compliance with principles of aseptic technique according to accepted standards
- Assists with identification and confirmation of operative site
- Provides for comfort in the physical environment by monitoring designated parameters
- Provides continuity of patient care by communicating with other perioperative care personnel and documenting records accordingly
- Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and physician
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders/directions
- Documents patient care records and other forms accurately following policies and procedures
The ideal candidate for this role must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, be a graduate of accredited school of nursing, be an RN with active license in appropriate state, must have current BLS and ACLS is also preferred (or will need to be obtained within one year of permanent employment), possess leadership qualities, and have strong ethical and moral character references. ASC and/or OR experience is preferred.
This individual is responsible for assisting the patient with all aspects of pre-operative testing and preparations in order to promote patient confidence in their medical care and to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible; acts as a liaison between the office, surgical facility, patient and primary care physician.
The ideal candidate should have a high school diploma or equivalent. Two (2) years’ experience in a surgical specialty practice is preferred. COA is helpful.
Business Office Representative – Hickory
If you are looking for a career in healthcare, have great interpersonal skills, are detail oriented, and enjoy helping others, a career as a Business Office Representative may be for you!
The primary responsibilities for this position are to follow up on all insurance claims, posting of payments, taking adjustments, working denials and reports, handling billing and insurance calls as required, processing refunds and collection accounts, referring patients for assistance and setting up payment plans and other duties as assigned or needed, and collaborating with other departments on posting errors.
Education/Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individuals must have knowledge of medical insurance, excellent communication and organizational skills, proficient on most software applications and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Associate’s Degree in related field preferred; one year certificate from college or technical school; or three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full time position with benefits, and a high school diploma/GED is required.